Let's go greener together
At Blue Water, we are serious about our approach towards the green transition. We have implemented several green solutions to reduce our own and our customers’ CO2 footprints.
The journey towards an entirely sustainable Blue Water has only just begun, but with dedicated employees and strong partnerships with customers and operators, we will go greener together and keep developing our sustainable solutions.
Our ambitions are to:
- adopt greener logistics principles and work in close cooperation with customers, partners and suppliers to reduce our carbon footprint
- engage in sustainable partnerships with significant players to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals agenda
- commit ourselves to the global Sustainability Development Goals, focusing especially on goals 3, 12, 13, 16 supported by goal number 17
We have already launched a number of green initiatives to minimise the footprint of our daily operations:
Load optimisation systems
Reduced plastic packaging
Fossil free fuels
Innovative thinking is in Blue Water's DNA, meaning that we keep seeking green alternatives. Climate action is vital, and we wish to make a difference as a role model in the transition to a more sustainable world.
However, it calls for a change in behavior, and we hope that all our customers and business partners are ready for this change. Together we can create sustainable solutions.
Sustainable transport solutions
A very simple way to make transport operations as efficient - and also as sustainable - as possible, is to maximise the utilisation of the load capacity of truck or container. With this solution we look into the optimal packing method for your goods.
Pallet racks from SpaceInvader
With a mobile and flexible pallet rack from SpaceInvader, Blue Water can create value all the way through your entire logistics chain from A to Z. The rack makes it possible to double-stack cargo before, during and after the road transport.
Our CO2 Calculator and Reporting Tool offers a detailed overview and data analysis of supply chain emissions, making it visible where to improve and turn up the sustainability of existing solutions. This solution can easily be combined with other sustainable focus areas.
In early 2022, we launched a new Sustainability Strategy, documenting our ambitions and sub-targets until 2030. The strategy is based on the UN Sustainable Development Goals, supporting global and measurable efforts to build a sustainable Transport and Logistics industry.
Our Sustainability Strategy is built upon four strategic approaches to a green profile. We will
- adopt a sustainable approach to strengthen and create competitive advantages
- use sustainability in our daily work and reduce our own footprint
- ensure co-development of green solutions with customers, suppliers and partners
- utilise compensations to offset CO2 emission.
Alignment from the Blue Water Foundation throughout the entire company will further fuel the Sustainability Strategy, creating awareness of sustainability through visibility and a clear reference to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.