If it comes to a Hard Brexit
- We recommend that you have a dialogue with your customers regarding this issue, that your customers apply for TSP (Transitional Simplified Procedures in the UK) and that you being an exporting company make sure you have an EORI number (Economic Operators’ Registration and Identification). Also, Blue Water recommends that the companies concerned enter into dialogue with suppliers shipping goods from Great Britain, requesting them to add EORI number as well as tariff number in the documents from now on.
- Hard Brexit means Great Britain will be leaving the EU with no deal in place regarding the terms and conditions for their withdrawal. This means that Great Britain will again be subject to the WTO Trade Rules (World Trade Organisation) instead of the EU Trade Rules. With a Hard Brexit, we expect among other things border control as well as increased expenses – not only direct costs but also overheads.
- We urge our customers to ensure that they have an EORI number. Furthermore, we recommend that they enter into a dialogue with their British customers and suppliers to make sure that customers and suppliers in England have an EORI number and that they have applied for TSP (Transitional Simplified Procedures in the UK).
- Customers in Sweden, Finland and Denmark are requested to start entering tariff numbers/HS codes in their export invoice, entering their own and consignee’s EORI number, entering description of goods as well as ensuring that the invoice shows net weight as well as gross weight.
- We have an ongoing dialogue with the British Authorities, the Authorities in the Nordic countries as well as with the Nordic and British ports in order to monitor developments.
- Our website will be updated on a continuous basis, and we recommend our customers to follow developments here.
Below please find useful information and links to prepare yourselves best for Brexit:
The Danish Customs & Tax Authorities
Great Britain has put off their withdrawal from the EU. Read about the influence this will have on your company’s trading activities with the country.
Follow the recommendations of Great Britain’s Government on their website
The website provides an overview of the measures to be taken by organisations or business enterprises. Also, it provides an overview of the measures to be taken by visitors or by Danish citizens living in Great Britain.
In Blue Water, we do everything in our power to transport our customers’ goods on schedule. If you have any questions, you are welcome to email or call your local contact for further information regarding Brexit.